Diamond Crystal® Jiffy Melt® Ice Melter
Jiffy Melt® ice melter contains a specially formulated blend of Magnesium and Sodium Chlorides for quick-start action.
- Works down to -10°F/-23°C
- More cost-effective than straight magnesium and calcium chlorides and melts at lower temperatures
than sodium chloride (rock salt).
- Available in 20 and 40 lb. bags and 12 lb. jugs.
Directions for Use:
Remove slush and as much loose snow as possible before ice melter application. Spread Jiffy Melt® ice melter evenly across surface area. Apply ½–1½ cups per square yard, depending on ice thickness and air temperature, as needed. Reapply as necessary. When ice and snow soften, remove slush and any excess ice melter from pavement for good concrete maintenance.
This product is intended for use as an ice and snow removal agent and is a two component blend formulated to melt ice and snow faster than rock salt.
|Sodium Chloride (dry)||7647-14-5||90%|
|Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate||7791-18-6||10%|
Methods of Analysis
Methods of analysis are based on ASTM E 534, SHRP H-205, Ice Melting Capacity Test and Cargill internal methods.
This product is packaged at Cargill Salt: Pittsburgh, PA and White Marsh, MD. Product of USA.
- Diamond Crystal® Jiffy Melt® ice melter contains magnesium chloride, which is hygroscopic, thus easily pulls moisture from the air.
- Close and reseal container tightly to keep product dry, or place in a moisture-proof container
- Store in a dry place
- Always store ice melters out of reach of children and pets